ASSALAMU'ALAYKUM. SILAHKAN SURFING DI BLOG SAYA. SEMOGA BERKENAN! ^_^

Sabtu, 05 Maret 2011

How I Learned to Love the God*

by: Untung Wibowo

I once read an article about an Indonesian Moslem who studied at overseas. At the first time he arrived to the country, he met a native asking "what good a Moslem is? You just bunch of terrorist?" Since he cannot speak a proper English at that time, He only replied “just wait, a year from now I’ll explain to you the beauty of Islam”.

A year had past and the man now can speak good English, he searched for the native to give his promise to explain about Islam. After he found the native, the man got shock because now the native had beard and welcomed him with “Assalamualikum”. The ask “how could you?”...”be a Moslem?” cut the native. “After hearing your replay to my question, I started to learn about Islam to find out what beauties that exist in such religion, than after learning about Islam I learned to like it and decided to be one of it.

The moral of the story said the writer is “be careful with what you say because God Guidance for others might come through your mouth”. Okay here’s the thing, when I read the article I was wasn’t a religious type of person. So when I read it I could only said “yeah right man? Seems more to folklore than a story, there won’t be any such such thing like that”.

One and half a year after I read it, I realized that there were truth in that article. And this is my story how I learned to love The God.
After breaking up from years of serious relationship, everything that wise just seems so enlighten for me. One of the words is from a man that act so wise who said ”Everything has its own properness, a nice man gets a nice girl and vice versa. So if you like to get a nice girl make yourself nice”.

With a deep tone voice, those words seem so logic for me. Hence, I deliberately searched what quality that I have to acquire to make me proper getting a girl that I really want. I phoned every (or used to) close friends of mine to know what was my strength and room of improvement. I opened the phone with “Hey could you help me to find out my strength and room of improvement”. By asking those questions, I often got a weird replay tone of voice. It sounded that they were afraid if the breakup would breaking up my brain also.

One of them, Merry, said to me “what the hell is happening to you? Getting yourself a SWOT analysis taken all of sudden? I replayed, “Nei, I’ve just got an epiphany Mer, we don’t have to use our time to search for our other half, we just have to prepare our self for it”.

“Oh dear God why don’t you just go to Remaja Islam Sunda Kelapa or RISKA than” said Merry.

“Me? Join what, say it again? You’re kidding me? I’m not that type. What would you like me do there? Having a 5cm beard?

Huhuhahahahahahaha…. we were laughing so hard together at that night.

But some things happened on the following days that 5 words, RISKA, keep attaching in my head. So I search through the web about RISKA and found out that its located in Menteng. After sightseeing the web, I decided to come and saw what the place all about was.

I met Bang Ilham and Bang Eko C at that time. I found that they were different from what I imagined before. I introduce myself and in what manner I come there, learning to read Al-Quran. They said “okay, that’s good”. Don’t want this kind of feeling gone away so quickly, beside learning to read Al-Quran-I joined their closest available class which is a vocal courses (imagined that, never I had myself on that shoes before I) taught by Bang Charles from GSN quire. 4 months later I joined SDTNI and now having DK or Liqo with Bang Ryan. Honestly, because one thing or another I couldn’t come to the meeting regularly but still I got so many things from it.
It has been 10 months since I joined RISKA, I’ve never watched the show from a man who said about properness again but through these months activity in RISKA:

I learned to read Al-Quran.
I found that peaceful sensation that many people talk while or after reading Al-Quran.
I knew the felling of having yourself surrounding with faith full people.
I understand Islam better than before and because of it my love towards it increases every time.

By Interacting with its people, having friends, signing up to their event such as giving charity to the poor, presenting a monologue (imagined that, never I had myself on that shoes before II) I’m getting a better understanding of myself and others.

And finally because things that I’ve mentioned before, now I learned to love Allah SWT.

I’m not saying my story is 100% same with the story I mentioned at the first place, but If Merry never had told me about RISKA would I experience all of such thing? We will never know to whom Allah SWT give his guidance. Therefore, let’s select our word wisely we will never imagine what goodness that might come from it.

*Modified from Jeese Custer – The Preacher, comics by Vertigo.

Salam Hangat dari Menteng,

PENDAFTARAN ANGGOTA BARU RISKA
Februari - Maret 2011
CP : Putra (089 997 646 26), Fajar (08 567 707 007)

Remaja Islam Sunda Kelapa - RISKA , remaja islam yang punya gaya
Sekretariat:
Jl. Taman Sunda Kelapa #16
Menteng, Jakarta Pusat 10310
telp. 021 3190 5839
fax. 021 3989 9710
email: remajaislamsundakelapa[at]gmail.com
website: www.riska.or.id
SMS Center : 0899 8947 348
YM ID : remajaislamsundakelapa2
Skype ID : remajaislamsundakelapa

ALLAH tidak akan mengubah nasib suatu kaum selama kaum itu tidak mau mengubah nasibnya sendiri....[QS Ar Ra'ad 13 : 11]

Jika cerita ini bermanfaat bagimu, mari kita share dengan mengklik "Share" di kanan atas blog ini, untuk membagikan manfaat bagi orang lain.
^_^

2 komentar:

ruuloopa release mengatakan...

Saya pernah baca ini di blog-ny bang untung. Eh, ternyata mmng tulisan beliau. Izin share y

mas_itah mengatakan...

awal baca tulisan ini dr beberapa pargaraf awal g kepikiran bakalan jadi tulisan promo buat riska, n_n.

anak2 ub yang dah jd aggota riska siapa aj kak?